Tuesday, November 22, 2011

An Owl Hat




The idea for this cute owl hat designed itself in my head at 4:23am one morning!  I've seen similar owl hats and wanted mine to be simple and adorable at the same time.  The hat is knitted in stockinette stitch with a ribbed bottom edge.  The eyes are knitted as well, with a button "pupil" and the beak is a triangle knitted in garter stitch.  

This little hat was such fun to make!  It will fit a toddler-sized head or a small child.  It's also machine washable and dries quickly (a great thing after a day of playing in the snow!).   You can find it in my Etsy shop at: http://www.etsy.com/listing/86839322/toddler-owl-hat or contact me to special order one in sizes infant through adult.

1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely space you have created here! And this pattern is too cute. I am just about finished with a crochet version for a niece and will be posting pix soon. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete